Repair windows genuine notification
Before proceeding with this process “Repair windows genuine”, it is highly recommended that you keep a proper backup of your system by creating a system restore point or by backing up your registry.
Here we will explain step by step about Repair windows genuine.
Steps 1 :
1. Reboot your computer in safe mode by pressing the F8 key at start up.
2. Double click on Computer and then open the drive where your operating system is installed.
3. In this drive navigate to the location (Drive letter)>Windows>System32.
[ Note: “(Drive letter)” indicates the drive which has the operating system installed in it. ]
4. Locate and delete the files WgaTray.exe and WgaLogon.dll. These are the files that carry out the Windows Genuine Advantage validation test. Deletion of these files ceases the WGA tool to function.
Steps 2 :
This step includes editing the registry of your operating system. Hence it is advised that you keep a backup of your registry before proceeding, just in case anything goes out of the order.
1. Click on Start and then on Run
2. The run box opens up. Type in regedit and press ENTER. Confirm any messages appearing(if any) to open the Registry Editor.
3. Now navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>CurrentVersion>Win Logon>Notify
4. Right click on “Notify” and then select “Delete”. Confirm when asked for to complete your task.
5. Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer to run in normal mode.
Windows Genuine Advantage Notification messages will not appear after you have successfully completed the above process.
Warning:- We are not responsible if any loss or damage been occurred to the system and/or to any files in your pc.